Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 22

I was shipped off elsewhere, I'll let you make your guesses! I'll give you a hint, I'm not on the east coast anymore, so that rules out Hualian and Yuli.  I'm as far west and south in the mission.

I am in.....

Miao Li! sat on a train for like 8-9 hours and am literally right on the border of the Taizhong mission. I joke that President Day doesn't want to see me, so he keeps sending me to the outskirts of the mission, that or I am secretly a Taizhong missionary.
 
I already love it here though! the members are super nice! One of them has the same last name (Chinese) as me! My mission given name is super rare so that is really cool to have another Ding in my home ward.

Our branch had a thanksgiving day party in Taidong right before transfers. I don't know why but we seem to celebrate holidays like 5 weeks early, so yeah I have been super confused, plus the weather doesn't change here, so it is really throwing me off.

Monkey See...
Had some turkey and they also had mashed potatoes. I am definitely missing the US every time we try to celebrate our holidays.


My new companion is Elder Weng! He is an ABC from wild and wonderful West Virginia! pretty cool! Morgantown to be specific! Make sure to tell Grammy.



There are a total of 4 Elders in our apartment. Its waaaaay nicer than the one we had in Taidong.  The area has more city stuff like one way streets and many more people to talk with.

Hope you guys are really giving thanks this week - I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment