Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 23

Sorry I forgot to bring my camera to the internet café' this morning...haha long story of a sleepy companion, and me forgetting from being tired of waking up all night thinking I was going to vomit (no worries I didn't, just an over zealous Sister in the ward made us way too much food, and every time we would stop eating she would say (hai mei chi wan le!) meaning there was still food there to eat. oh man I felt so so sick...)

New Chapel

Miao li is as far west and south as you can get from Taipei, so once again I have to wait for someone to be going to the mission office so they can bring back our mail. Two people went the beginning of this week, so I guess your packages haven't come yet. I will get to go to the office on the 14th, so at the latest that is when I will get them. Thank you so much for sending whatever are in the boxes through! Chocolate here is really expensive, and after moving all my stuff and myself - I think I traveled as far possible in the mission - it cost a lot of money for trains and transfers, plus I like to save my money for like...food haha

Oh man I miss Christmas so much! Its actually pretty chilly here right now though - well like 50 degrees, but super wet and super windy - doesn't add up to happy missionaries or happy Taiwanese. I really wish I could watch Christmas movies though - no one here celebrates Christmas - even the members are like "eh" about it. I'll send pictures of everything soon, as far as pictures of the apartment I don't know if I can, just like I'm not allowed to tell you the address. I'll find out.

Glad to hear lots of people are over for Thanksgiving! My Thanksgiving was....well non-existent as most USA holidays are here. So I know how Jillian must feel as she celebrated while working in the hospital. I miss watching TV though, so just remember that I haven't done it in two years when I get back, so I have an excuse to watch a lot - and sleep. I don't feel like I have gotten a good nights rest in 5 months. Crazy I passed the 5 month mark on my mission, and have been in Taiwan for over 3 months - absolutely nuts how fast time goes - trying to make the Lord's time count so I'm still focused.
New ovens?! I just learned how to use the old ones! But if you are buying new appliances for the house I don't imagine you all are moving anytime soon, so it works for me. As far as the office, I can use it! in 1 year and 7 months haha

Interesting that you guys get NHK News there and as far as the Taiwan special reports that you mentioned, remember what they show you....and then remember I am also on a missionary budget. So when I get back home like everything is going to be super nice. USA has a waaaaay higher than average standard of living. Though like every single person here has iPhones - even if they don't have running water - so I guess that was their choice. I hope my family will all come back and visit after I return and I can show you all around, don't worry though, it isn't too gross as long as you BYO-TP.
Miao Li (Lee Meow)

Companionship is working great. My companions last companion and he didn't really get along - so right now we are weeding through lots of stuff that kinda slipped through the cracks because they were dealing with that. Elder Chen thinks he is going to leave after this transfer which would mean I'd have to know the place pretty well. But still working hard! so have no worries!

Miss you all and love you all much! Let me know if you have any questions!
 
Oh also thank you for the long underwear - that totally saved me this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment