Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 21


Battle Scars
I crashed on my bike pretty bad this week! I'm OK just some scrapes and bruises. My bike tried to change gears on me while I was standing up to pedal harder, it like skipped and jumped through a couple of gear changes and I lost complete balance and went down.  I'm fine and no cars nearby but maybe another reason to pray for me to stay in Taidong, or at least not to transfer to super busy Taipei.

Wow! It’s amazing to think that I have been in Taiwan for what is quickly approaching 3 months! I feel like I just got here, and at the same time like I have been here forever very hard to describe.

The photo of the plunger is because our kitchen flooded this past week.  So I had to ‘borrow’ it from the church building as our apartment doesn’t have one. Our apartment has so much charm, it’s the only residence in the mission with 6 elders, and I really love it - yet another reason not wanting to leave.

Sister Day's Gift to our District
Interviews happened this past week with President and Sister Day and they were great! With Sister Day we just pretty much talk about how I am health wise and how my family is, and making sure you all are communicating with me ha! - You guys better keep up on your emails, letters, and packages - I hear she can really get after those who don’t write their missionaries. Sister Day gave our whole district very thoughtful gifts - picture enclosed.

 
When meeting with President Day however we talk about the goals I have set for myself and discuss them. Then he helps set new ones or adjust the ones I had. During the interview we were talking about Taidong, and I said "I really do love Taidong", he chuckled and said "Yes, Taidong is a great place", then twisted his head a bit got a wicked smile and said "but you won’t be in Taidong forever Elder Dickson".  Puzzled I inquired "will I be here next transfer?” he paused and just let it hang in the air. After what seemed like a minute of dead silence he said "well move calls go out Wednesday, so if you get one you get one, and if you don’t, you don’t need to worry about it".

 
Dad attending 12 primary programs sounds like he now knows all the songs by heart.  Speaking of primary program - we had ours here this past week.  Just letting you know the church is true, because it’s the same everywhere, especially primary.  Don’t have to speak Mandarin to pick up what the music and the youth talks were getting across. It was really adorable and made me miss all the primary programs I made it through back home.

Our Newest Member
In other news, we had a baptism this week!!! Our newest Brother is super cool. His mom is a member, but his Dad is not - we’re working on that.  Super nice family! The baptism was a little crazy though. His Mom was crying and we had to share the baptismal service with the other branch, I had to say the ordinance a second time because hey it’s my second language and I was a little nervous.   He was super hungry so he kept sneaking off to eat super messy curry AFTER HE WAS IN HIS WHITE clothing, and after getting baptized he tried to swim in the font - it was a little hectic but hey he and his family are really committed to the gospel.

Love you all and miss you all so very much! Hope you all have a great week, and be sure to pray for me that I get to stay in Taidong and upright on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment