Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 24

Thanks for the picture of the snow you're having at home...snow...I miss snow...though it is still warm here so I can't really complain...still not sure how calling home at Christmas works. President Day is his weekly letter sent out a statement about all the rules, but not how it works. I'm sure he'll explain when we are at our Christmas party.

Yes "Lee Meow" is how Miaoli sounds - thanks for setting the bar higher! I haven't heard of the  flying cow ranch, but I'll ask around.
The Western Side Is Still Tropical

Really neat that NHK news reported on Taidong last week. Taidong does have a lot of yuan zhu min (native) people there. They are pretty cool, kind of strange clothes, amazing rituals, some of the folks there are really scary and carry pointy sticks and knives everywhere they go. Their food is a lot like Hawaiian food.

I'm glad the sister missionaries are really hitting you up. As a missionary let me warn you, if you give a missionary an inch they will include you in everything they do - well a lot of them will.

Early November was a rather rough time for me. Everything was going wrong and yeah one day I just had a total break-down. The letter I sent was from the beginning of that day, so yeah I am much better now, so have no worries. Yes the blessed wonderful miraculous ever spectacular talent show is pending for December I hope you could feel the sarcasm from that : ) Luckily you have to sign up and Sister Day is the one in charge so she'll make sure it is strict and to the rules, so there won't be any crazy surprises. As far as Sunday pasta day goes - I don't cook for everyone in my new area - yet.

This week was kind of the same as always. Like I hope you realize how much everyday feels the same. I think that is the most frustrating part in missionary work is the feeling that I am reliving a day over and over again. All that and it feels like nothing is even happening. This coming week should be busy though. Lots of meetings
Elder Dickson with President and Sister Day
and conferences and stuff - a little ironic cause all the meetings are about improving to be better missionaries!  I am using this time to learn what I can, see what works and what doesn't, so when I am running the show, it'll well run.

This past week, just lots and lots of finding. lots of talking to people, which I still am getting used to. I live with three other people, and having another person around me at all times...well lets just say I have been trying to create moments where I at least feel alone, but nothing works so far.

Here is a list of movies I wish I could watch but can't:
A Christmas story
Its a wonderful life
The Grinch
elf
The Santa Clause
Jingle all the way


I hope you all enjoy these and be sure to watch them for me. I miss you all and love you all lots. Hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment