Tuesday, July 30, 2013

All Chinese all the time (Week 5)


Yes! got the beef jerky - Thanks!!!
 
Kind of a crazy and rougher week, but definitely learned lots. Our District is now the 'oldest' group of Mandarin speakers.

Some kind of a stomach virus is now spreading  - so yay pretty fun just waiting for the vomiting to start.
 
About a call to home letting everyone know I got to Taipei safe - I don't know if I can call, they have changed almost every single rule for electronics and communication now, so I won't know until it happens but if I'm allowed I'll be sure to call Dad's phone cause I know he always has it.
 
We now are starting to teach people in Taiwan by using Skype, which is interesting but I have a few questions:
 
Do you pray with the people you are teaching via Skype?
How does the Spirit work that way?
Can you really commit someone unto Christ by using the internet?
- Guess we'll find out.
 
So I'm trying to send pictures but only 3 computers at the MTC actually allow you to do that, so it's a little frustrating.
 
We've been focused a lot of the time this week discussing the Iron rod and righteousness vs. obedience. I didn't realize that the Iron Rod was right next to the dirty unclean river. So the choice is, you can walk on the side with the river holding the rod, but still be close to the river (obedience), or on the other side as far away as you can (righteousness). good example are Lehi's children. Think about it, Weren't Laman and Lemuel obedient? but still looked what happened. It was Nephi who was righteous that ultimately prevailed.
 
By the way my knees have bruises, and my pants have fade marks on the knee areas from praying so much - like all the time! - good problem I guess : )
 
Here's a quote cause Mom keeps sending me some of her favorites:
"Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required" President Thomas S. Monson.

Love,  Ding Zhang Lao

PS do you remember what bike I ordered?

No comments:

Post a Comment